Legal Counsel From A Firm Dedicated To Protecting ‘The Little Guy’
With an increase in development over the past decade, there has been a similar increase in the number of construction defect cases coming through the Prairie Village area courts. In most cases, construction defects include flaws in the design, inspection, construction, planning, or oversight of the development of both residential and commercial buildings. Essentially, if a building fails to measure up to “reasonable” structural, operational or safety expectations of the buyer, legal recourse is an option.
For some people, defining and understanding the legal application of “reasonable” expectations can be a challenge. Our lead attorney, Scott Waddell, can review the circumstances surrounding any construction defects or contract disputes affecting the integrity or development of your home or property, explain the law, and help you pursue damages.
Some common construction-related issues we help businesses and individuals resolve include:
- Defective materials claims such as claims for faulty or defective flooring, framing, roofing, etc.
- Disputes regarding contracts such as cost overrun or contract variations
- Payment and performance issues
- Delays in the completion of a project
- Issues with the workmanship or safety of a project
- Subsurface issues or latent defects such as foundational problems that compromise the structure’s integrity and safety
- Misrepresentations regarding the scope, quality and/or cost of work
Whether your claim pertains to a project in Kansas or Missouri, we can help you assess the potential for success and ultimately develop a strategy for holding those responsible accountable.
Contact Our Construction Defect Lawyer For A Free Initial Consultation
Call our Prairie Village law office today at 816-399-5510. You can also reach us by completing an online contact form. We represent individual property owners and small businesses throughout the Prairie Village metro in a variety of construction defect matters.